Friday, April 15, 2011

Sour Cream Noodle Bake

The Pioneer Woman posted this recipe recently. I wanted to try it because it looked really fast and easy. It was also quite delicious, comfort food at its best. I changed the original recipe just a bit for our taste. I think I had this all assembled in about 15 minutes, it is great for those busy weeknights when you want something fast to throw together yet everyone loves. Even tastier for leftovers. This recipe fed my family of 6 with leftovers for a couple of us the next day.
Sour Cream Noodle Bake


1 package egg noodles

1 pound ground beef

1/2 teaspoon salt

fresh ground pepper

2 garlic cloves

2 small cans tomato sauce (not spaghetti sauce, just plain ol' tomato sauce)

1/2 cup sour cream

1 1/4 cup cottage cheese

1/2 cup green onions, sliced

1 small bag frozen corn

1 cup shredded cheese ( I used cheddar)


Brown ground beef in skillet with garlic cloves. Drain fat and add tomato sauce, salt and pepper and allow to simmer while you prepare the rest. Cook egg noodles al dente. Drain pasta and toss with the cottage cheese, sour cream, fresh ground pepper and green onions.


Add half the noodle mixture to a baking dish, top with half the ground beef, top with cheese then frozen corn. Finish with the remainder of the noodles, ground beef and top with more cheese.


Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until cheese is melted.


8 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!! I just found your blog and am sooo excited to try these yummy recipes. I have 7 boys and these look like fun, easy recipes to get me out of my usual dinner rotation rut! You rock.

    PS I have a yummy Sausage, cream and Bow tie Pasta recipe I think you would love. It is a family favorite and super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your post on this and had to comment. I Think I am the ONLY person who HATED this recipe. I made it last week and it was not good at all! EVeryone I know loves it though so maybe I did something wrong, I usually love her recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what size dish are you supposed to use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica, I used a medium sized casserole dish. I think it would work in a 9 x 13 pan. My dish was a little smaller than that but it was pretty thick so I think larger would be just fine. Sorry, I don't know how many quarts it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no problem, jane. thanks for your comments. i'm new to this attempting to cook thing, so i wanted to make sure not to mess it up too badly! :) LOVE your blog! really great ideas! my boyfriend thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband whipped this up for our dinner tonight with half ground beef and half sausage and it ended up being quite the hit! Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. made this for dinner last night. My boyfriend loved it! I will posting your recipe on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to trying your recipes I'm just watching youon live wellmy family recipe rocksI like your flare and trying different things the one I saw was your birthday hope it was a fun birthday

    ReplyDelete