Friday, April 22, 2011

Pie Filling Fruit Salad


This is the easiest fruit salad to put together yet it is so rich and sweet and yummy! To be honest, it is more of a dessert than a salad but I say serve it up as a fruit salad and have something even sweeter and richer for dessert, but that is just my humble, dessert loving opinion. If you need a last minute side dish for your Easter meal, this would be a good one.

Pie Filling Fruit Salad

1 can cherry pie filling
1 can crushed pineapple
1 large container Cool Whip Light
1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
4 large bananas
2 to 3 cups mini marshmallows

Combine Cool Whip and sweetened condensed milk, add pie filling, crushed pineapple and marshmallows. Stir until combined. Chill until serving. Slice bananas and combine just before serving.

You can also add fruit cocktail and/or mandarin oranges if you like them. Adapt it to your taste.

9 comments:

  1. My sweet tooth is ringing, yum. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with Jennifurla!!! Not only is my sweet tooth just aching for this lovely salad but I am drooling with happiness at the thought of making it in the near future!

    Wishing you a lovely Easter!
    ~avril :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to the FDA, I need 3 servings of fruit per day. Thank you, FDA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good. I agree though, I don't think you can technically call that "salad" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this for Easter and it was amazing. I look forward to your updates because everything is so tasty and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just browsing through your blog again, which I haven't done for awhile because I've been so busy...and I gained 10 lbs. just by looking at the pictures...love your recipes! By the way, I'm getting a little better at my picture taking :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just posted a salad today that is more dessert than salad! I'm definitely going to try this one sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What size can of pineapple? I SO want to make this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris, I use a large size can. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete