Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cookies 'n Creme Cookies


I was eyeing a box of cookies 'n creme pudding in my pantry and these cookies came to me. If you like the ice cream flavor I am certain you will love these. They are soft, sweet and chalk full of white chocolate and Oreo cookies! I thought it would be silly to make cookies with cookies in them. Silly or not, they are so good! I had a ton of neighborhood friends at our house yesterday and thought if I made a batch they could eat them all for me but then when I tasted them I was disappointed that I gave them all away. What did I do? Made them again today! Unfortunately, there were no friends over today and I ate way more than my fair share of them. Totally worth the calories, my friends.


Cookies 'n Creme cookies


2 1/4 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1 (4.2 ounce) package Cookies 'n Creme pudding mix

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups white chocolate chips

15 Oreo cookies, very coarsly chopped


Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars, add pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda with a whisk then add it to the butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and Oreo cookies. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven until cookies tops barely have a touch of brown. Makes 3 dozen cookies.


Tell me you don't want to eat a big spoonful of this cookie dough:


22 comments:

  1. Let me tell you, these are HEAVENLY! Loved them! Unfortunately, I told my kids today they ate their fair share at Aunt Jane's today and kept the ones she sent home all to myself. Ate way too many, but loved every bite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brilliant!! I can't WAIT to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang... these looks fantastic!!!! I need to go pick up some pudding mix so I can make these this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oreo Cookie Cookies are some of our favorites! They also work pretty good with Nutter Butters, if you want a peanut butter variety. Thanks for sharing your version, even with the reduced fat Oreos. :-)
    Here's a link to another way to make them...in case you're interested. http://doublebatch.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/oreo-cookie-cookies/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound so good! I saw these featured over at Recipe Shoebox's Friday Favorites. I'm lovin your blog! I am your newest follower :)

    Check out my blog and follow back if you like!

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I can't wait for these! Next time I'm feeling a splurge for sure. And next time you have "tons of neighborhood friends" over, I better be on the call list! For real! Especially if there is a Jane dessert involved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gotta stop looking at your blog! It's killin' my dieting efforts!!! JK!!! These look crazy delicious!! Gotta make them ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. brilliant!!! looks so delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get these cookies out of my mind until I make them. These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't mind the slight drool! Those look delicious. I might have to make an ice cream sandwich out of them! Just found your blog and I'm addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heavenly, yummy, fantastic, delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I included this post in this weeks from my reader round-up. Loved the post and thought it would be super useful to my friends and readers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the fact that you use reduced fat Oreos! For me, I always try to cut out fat when I can. These sound unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jane, I just made these and they are soooo good. I ate so much dough that I only had room for one actual cookie. My whole family loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cookie dough is really good, my cookies spread out way too much, I will have to make sure the butter is just softened a bit I guess and chill the dough before baking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Made these and LOVED THEM! Then I served them up smashed together with cookies & cream ice cream in between - It took it to a WHOLE notha level!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found this recipe via Pinterest and decided to make them tonight. I am a horrible baker but love cookies n creme so I thought I'd give it a try! They are soo good! so thanks for posting this! I am glad I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! I just made these....cannot wait for my family to try them tomorrow! I was a little worried because it seemed like a lot of white chocolate chips and cookie crumbs with not much dough. BUT, I've had two and they are great. I had one that had a lot of white chocolate in it and one that had more cookie crumbs...prefer the one with extra white chocolate. Both very yummy. Think we'll make another batch of these to take with us to the family on Christmas. Thankful for the share on Pinterest! Oh, and honestly you don't even need to bake these...I could just eat from the mixing bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was wondering when you add the pudding mix, do you just add the powder, or do you make the pudding first and then add that? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. They were wonderful! Thank you for sharing ! :)

    ReplyDelete