Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sarah's Salad

This is one of my all time favorite salads, it may be that there are eggs in it - my favorite salad ingredient or just the combination of all ingredients. Served very cold, it is so fresh and yummy. Lately I just use my favorite ranch dressing (Ken's ranch found at Costco). Also, I have never bought white pepper so I just use black.

Sarah's Salad
Lion House Classics

1 head iceberg lettuce ( I usually use half romaine, half iceberg)
3 strips bacon
1/2 package frozen peas
1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 Swiss cheese, cut into strips
2/3 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup salad dressing (miracle whip)

Wash and dry lettuce. Cook and crumble bacon. Put torn lettuce into a salad bowl and sprinkle with sugar, salt, and pepper. Add peas, cheese, green onion, mayo and miracle whip. Chill. Toss when ready to serve and garnish with bacon.