Monday, March 1, 2010

Walking Tacos

I absolutely LOVE this meal, I don't know where it first came from but I have many memories eating this at family gatherings whether it was at Lake Powell on a houseboat or in Greer, AZ at my grandparents cabin. There are 43 cousins on my mom's side, add a bunch of adults and this was a great meal for a crowd if you need because it is so easy to double, triple or more, it is cheap, easy and oh so delish! I always serve it with Baked Tostitos. It really isn't that bad if you use fat free sour cream and baked chips. In fact, it is rather low points on the Weight Watchers scale, if you are into that kind of thing. My kids ask for seconds without fail every time we have this.

Walking Tacos

1 lb. ground beef
1 can chili beans
1 can refried beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 onion, chopped
1 can chopped green chilies

salt
pepper
cumin powder
chili powder
garlic powder

Cook meat with onion, drain fat and add beans, tomatoes and green chilies. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder to taste.
Layer the following:

tortilla chips
meat/bean mixtures
cheese
sour cream
avacado
olives
green onions
lettuce
tomato
salsa