Sunday, February 28, 2010

Apple Dumplings

My aunt emailed this recipe to my mom this week. I actually had it on my list of recipes to try. So, with the recommendation and rave review from my aunt we had it for Sunday dessert. It was so incredibly delicious and we will absolutely be having this again in the future. I also have to mention how easy it is, it took me 10 minutes at the most to assemble. You would never guess from the taste how basic the ingredients are.
Apple Dumplings
adapted from The Pioneer Woman

2 granny smith apples
2 tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls
2 sticks butter, melted
1-½ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
cinnamon
8 oz. Mountain Dew soda

Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, barely stir again, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream and the drizzle the sauce from the pan over it.
If you would like fabulous step by step photos of this recipe, click here