Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Creamy Italian Chicken

I am pretty sure that everyone has this recipe, but this is what I made for dinner yesterday and the goal of my blog is to organize my recipes. If you don't have this recipe, happy day because it is SOO good and it is a crock pot meal! Hurry for meals you throw together in the afternoon and by dinner it is done. I have seen several variations of this recipe, this just happens to be the one my mom adapted to and I wouldn't change a thing.
Creamy Italian Chicken
2 TBS Butter
1 onion, diced
3 chicken breasts
1 packet of dry italian dressing mix
8 oz cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
Add the butter, onion, chicken and dressing mix to crock pot. Turn crock pot on high for 4-5 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. Mix cream cheese and cream of chicken soup together in in a saucepan over heat until blended and there are no lumps. Add to the chicken. Cook for another hour or so, shred chicken and serve over rice.