Saturday, February 27, 2010

I dare anyone to come up with a better cornbread and honey butter recipe than this. I blogged about it on Halloween after I had tried it for the first time and I had so many people tell me they have made it multiple times and agreed that it is amazing. I found it on My Kitchen Cafe.
Cornbread


½ cup cornmeal
1 ½ cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup oil
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten

1 ¼ cup milk

Add dry ingredients, make a well and add oil, butter, eggs, and milk into the center. Stir until just mixed (batter will be runny). Bake in an 8” square pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Honey Butter
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup marshmallow fluff

Whip all together with an electric mixer and serve at room temperature