Friday, January 14, 2011

Fudge Brownies with white chocolate chips



I apologize for posting desserts in January, I am probably not making any friends right now since most people are trying to eat healthy. I made these to bring to a church dinner we had with our Young Women and Young Men. I am a total box brownie person, I just don't see the point in making them from scratch when they taste so good from a box. I didn't a have a box and wanted to make something chocolate and you know what? I didn't even miss the box. In fact, I would make these again instead of a box any day! I came across this on Buns in my Oven. It caught my eye not only because her photo is incredibly delicious, but also because it was her most popular post last year. The recipe originally comes from King Arthur Flour. I adapted it slightly because I didn't have enought semi-sweet chocolate chips so I used white chocolate chips and I loved it.

Fudge Brownies with White Chocolate Chips


1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips


1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan

2) In a saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar. Stir over heat for a couple of minutes, don't let it bubble.

3) Crack the 4 eggs into a bowl, and beat them with the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla till smooth.

4) Add the hot butter/sugar mixture and mix until smooth.

5) Add the flour and chips. .


6) Bake the brownies for about 30 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack before cutting and serving.