Friday, October 8, 2010

Butterfinger brownie bites



Last week I saw a recipe for home made butterfinger at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. She made the cutest Owl pops with it. I was so intrigued that had to try it. I came up with these using the recipe for homemade butterfinger. It really has the same texture and very similar taste to a butterfinger bar. I thought it was a bit more peanut buttery and next time will use a little less. These are SO rich, I could only have a small piece. I think a scoop of vanilla ice cream would be a nice touch. Be prepared with a glass of milk!


Butterfinger Brownie Bites
1 box of your favorite brownie mix (my fav is Betty Crocker Hershey's triple chunk)
2 cups candy corn
2 cups peanut butter (like I mentioned, next time I am going to usea little less. Let me know if you try it that way)
1 cup chocolate chips
4 Tablespoons butter
Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Allow to cool completely. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the candy corn in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds. Microwave until completely melted. Add peanut butter and stir until smooth. Spread over brownies. In another microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter together. Again, stir after 30 seconds and then again after 30 more seconds. It shouldn't take more than 1 minute to melt. There should be some unmelted chocolate peices left, stir and allow the warm chocolate to melt the remaining chocolate. If you over microwave the chocolate will turn powdery and/or the cocoa butter will separate and your chocolate layer will be covered in white spots and will look unappetizing. (trust me, I know from experience) Spread chocolate over butterfinger layer and allow to cool in fridge. Cut into little squares or use a biscut or circle cookie cutter to cut. I topped mine with some peanut butter pieces.