Saturday, January 19, 2013

Churro Chex Mix

I saw this recipe on several blogs months ago and when I saw cinnamon chips at the grocery store, it was my first thought.  That was yesterday and I already made this.  It is addicting, delicious and really does taste like a churro.  I omitted the butter when I made it and it turned out just fine.  


Churro Chex Mix




  • Ingredients
  • 9 cups RICE CHEX CEREAL
  • 1 cup CINNAMON CHIPS (made my Hershey's , by the chocolate chips)
  • 1/4 cup BUTTER (I omitted this and it was great) 
  • 1/2 cup POWDERED SUGAR
  • 1/4 cup GRANULATED SUGAR
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons CINNAMON
Directions:
  1. Pour cereal in a large bowl.
  2. In a small bowl, combine sugars and cinnamon.
  3. In a separate bowl, microwave cinnamon chips and butter for a minute. Stir and heat 30 seconds more until smooth. Drizzle over cereal and stir well to coat evenly. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over coated cereal and stir again to evenly distribute cinnamon and sugar.
  4. Spread out to cool on a cookie sheet or wax paper.  
  5. If you need to, add a little more powdered sugar just enough to coat.