Thursday, June 30, 2011

Red, White, and Blue Cookies

I made these for a pot luck at my husband's work in November and he is asked by several people to bring them whenever they have a pot luck. I worked at a hotel in college and we served cookies, one of them was a cranberry, blueberry and white chocolate cookie and they were my absolute favorite. This is my attempt to re-create those cookies. I must admit, these are pretty darn yummy! Perfect for 4th of July or for a pot luck in November.




Red, White and Blue Cookies
(printable version here)


1 stick butter, soft
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried blueberries

Combine butter and sugars and mix for about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in white chocolate, cranberries and blueberries.

If time permits, allow cookie dough to sit covered in the fridge for a few hours. Scoop onto parchment lined or greased cookie sheet and sprinkle very, very lightly with kosher salt.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until edges are lightly browned.




14 comments:

  1. Those look so good, and so origonal for the 4th. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I have lots of dried blueberries and cranberries that need to be used. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum I just found your blog and now I am hungry lol Looks so good.

    Check out my food blog
    www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's a smart idea :) I haven't seen too many 4th of July cookie recipes around. I'll have to keep this one in mind for next year!

    I wanted to let you know about my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried them for the first time today. So yummy! I will definitely hold on to this recipe and bake them again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear.You have written a great post. Going to share with my followers on twitter. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.geoklix.com

    Email:

    seosubmit818@gmail.com

    Hollywood

    Address

    Local SEO Office:
    6300 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1202
    Los Angeles, CA 90048
    Tel: 323.929.7474




    Considerably, the post is actually the best on this notable topic. I harmonize with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates. I will at once grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Authentic work and much success in your business endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Thanks for the support of the post! Its a nice post.Its great that if our default settings are giving us messy or stringy builds, this dialog can probably help.Thanks for the information.


    LOCAL SEO SERVICES

    ReplyDelete
  9. I truly appreciate the content of your blog.. Keep going.

    Objet Eden 500V tx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Small bits of content which are explained in details, helps me understand the topic, thank you!

    SEO Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is now my new favorite cookie! So Delicuous!!! Lucky for me my daughter was looking for a cookie recipe to make as a Veterans Day gift for a neighbor. She found this recipe, and brought a few home for Mom & Dad to try. She made a coyple changes to the recipe and only used 1/2 stick butter & 1/4 cup coconut oil. She also only used 1 cup all purpose flour & 1/2 cup whole wheat flour.
    These were so tasty!!! Best I've had!

    ReplyDelete