Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oatmeal Coconut Chewies


I knew I had to try these when Melanie from Mel's Kitchen Cafe declared them her new favorite cookie. I knew I was going to love them before I even tried them. They are the perfect oatmeal cookie and very addicting, I don't even want to admit how many I must have eaten. They reminded me a little of oatmeal crispies but I think I like these even better.


Oatmeal Coconut Chewies


1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 stick butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
1 cup quick oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter and sugars, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Place on greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are set but not overly brown. For crispier cookies, bake longer.