Friday, October 22, 2010

Nacho Cheese


Football season around my house means a lot of Saturday nights I get to have girls night out with my three girls. Last week when the boys were at the big game I wanted something yummy and fast and I was not in a mood where I cared about calories. This is what we came up with. I wish this was healthy because I would love to eat it every Saturday night. It would be fun for a party as an appetizer.
Nacho Cheese Dip

1 (8 ounce) package cheese slices (yes, the processed kind)
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon flour
1 Tablespoon butter
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
2 teaspoons cumin powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
cayenne pepper to taste

Melt butter in a medium saucepan, add flour and combine then add milk. Add chilies and spices. Add salt to taste. Enjoy with chips, salsa and sour cream.