Thursday, October 14, 2010

Crock Pot Mexican Chicken


My friend Lisa gave me this recipe a few months ago and I am wondering why in the world it took me so long to try it. I totally trust her when it comes to recipes, I always love everything she makes. I absolutely love this chicken and it will be a very regular part of my menu rotation. I chose to serve it in quesadillas tonight but am looking forward to using this in tacos, burritos, salads and anything else I can think of. It is SO yummy. Try it!

Lisa's Cafe Rio Chicken
3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
1 1/2 cups italian dressing
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon chili powder
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup cilantro
Place chicken in a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Pour dressing over top and sprinkle with chili powder and garlic. Cover and cook for 7-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Remove chicken from crock pot, shred with a couple of forks, then put back in crock pot. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes. Add lime juice and cilantro.
Serve in tacos, burritos, quesadillas or taco salad.