Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Restaurant Salsa

This recipe comes from The Pioneer Woman and let me tell you, it is as good as every recipe I have tried from her website. I could not get enough. I thought it was even better the next day and when mixed with a little sour cream, I could have snacked on it all day long. I don't really want to buy bottled salsa ever again, I could make this once a week for the rest of my life and be very happy.

Restaurant Style Salsa

1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
¼ cups Chopped Onion
1 clove Garlic, Minced
1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
¼ teaspoons Sugar
¼ teaspoons Salt
¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
½ cups Cilantro (more To Taste!)
½ whole Lime Juice


Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse 10 to 15 times, until desired consistency. Taste and season more if needed.

Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour.