Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Avacado and Lime Salsa

My friend Angie won a healthy recipe contest with this recipe that a local tv station had. I was lucky enough to be picking up my daughter from her house the same time she was making it and got to sample it. It was so good and I couldn't stop thinking about it until I made it a few days later. I love it as a salsa with chips or alone as a salad. My kids couldn't get enough.

Avacado and Lime salsa

1 packet of Italian dressing, made according to directions . (I use olive oil to make it)
2 avacados, diced
4-5 roma tomatoes
1 can white corn ( I used 4 fresh ears of corn)
1 can black eyed peas
1/2 bunch cilantro, washed and chopped
juice of 2-3 limes
7 green onions ( I used 1/2 red onion)

Mix salad dressing and pour in a large bowl, place remaining ingredients in dressing and toss. Serve with chips.