Sunday, April 18, 2010

French Dip Sandwiches and a perfect roast

Yesterday I was giving my husband several options for Sunday dinner and as soon as I said french dip sandwiches, he didn't care about any other options. The men in our family love this meal, come to think of it, so do us girls. It is one of the easiest meals I can think of. And only four ingredients!

French Dip Sandwiches

Roast, I used a cross rib roast
deli sub rolls
butter
au jus, found in a packet with the gravy mixes

1. To cook the roast to perfection - (this is my mom's method and anyone that has ever had roast at her house knows she makes THE very best roast. It is always cooked to perfection, falls apart and is so moist. ) The night before put your roast (I always put it on frozen, just becasue that is how I store them) in a dutch oven size pan with the lid on. Put it in the oven at 200 degrees and leave it in for twelve hours. If you take it out and it doesn't fall apart, put it back in for another hour. Take it out when it is done and put it in the fridge until dinner.

2. Butter rolls and put them under the broiler until golden brown.
3. Make au jus according to packet directions.
4. Place shredded beef on toasted roll, salt and serve with a side of au jus.


I told you it was easy!