Friday, April 9, 2010

Dessert to die for




I cannot describe how much I love this cake! It is so gooey and moist and just plain heavenly. The way it bakes and the cream cheese mixture oozes to the top and gets crusty - Oh. My. Goodness. It is so good in fact, that I made it in two square pans to give a way and a miniature one to keep at home. Otherwise, I would eat the entire 9x13 pan and we just can't have that, now can we?


Upside Down German Chocolate Cake


1 german cake mix, prepared according to box directions
1 cup coconut
2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup melted butter
1 pound powdered sugar
8 ounces cream cheese
1. Spread greased 9x13 pan with 1 cup coconut and 2 cups (or so, depending on preference) chopped pecans.

2. Prepare german cake mix according to directions and pour over nuts and coconut.

3. Mix butter, powdered sugar and cream cheese together and pour over cake. Swirl with knife.


Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.