Saturday, February 20, 2010

White Chocolate Carmel Popcorn

Words can't describe how much I love this! It is so dangerously good and addicting that I try to make it only once every year and a half or two. Seriously. Be careful when adding the baking soda, be ready to pour the mixture over the popcorn when you add it. The first time I made it, the soda made the caramel mixture rise pretty darn fast and I almost had a disaster on my hands.

(White Chocolate Caramel Corn)
(printable version here)

1 cup clear corn syrup
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups butter
4 cups brown sugar
15 quarts popped popcorn (NOT microwave or air popped)
1 bag white choc chips (I like Nestle best out of the kinds the grocery store carries)
1 cup whole pecans

Spray 2 large bowls with cooking spray. Put popcorn in bowls. Boil syrup, butter, salt, and brown sugar in saucepan until it reaches 245 degrees. Add soda and stir. Pour over popcorn and add in white chocolate chips and nuts; toss until well coated. Mound on greased jelly-roll pans and bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour.