Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cinnamon Syrup

I am a day late in posting this since yesterday was national pancake day. I made this syrup after eating at a bakery, Kneaders. They serve french toast with a cinnamon syrup and it is the best breakfast I have ever had in my life. We go there on special occasions now and I look forward to each and every one. They sell the syrup at the bakery so I looked at the ingredient list. These are the same ingredients and I think the results are very similar to Keanders syrup. This syrup will turn your pancakes or waffles into something extra yummy and cinnamon roll-ish.


Cinnamon Syrup

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk

In a saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk.




12 comments:

  1. My friend gives this out for Christmas neighbor gifts, and I look forward to it every year! So glad to have the recipe so we can enjoy year-round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy yummy...I need to go soon..I am sure we can come up with a special occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I can't wait to try this. Hopefully it can tide me over until I can finally try breakfast at Kneaders.

    And that picture is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOPPSSS!!! I just used sweeten condensed milk. I 'll let you know how that turns out.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. found you through pinterest, this sounds wonderful! thanks for sharing it! susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing stuff so Yummmy. .. love It.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how long will this keep in fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I followed the directions exactly, is it supposed to have a slimy consistency? it tasted good, but I think I might have done something wrong...Anyone else's come out slimy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i tried this delicious but mine didnt get thick at first i thought i did something wrong but followed the recipe exactly after it cooled down more it got thicker I mixed it with a little pancake syrup.I must say it is so good with that cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome syrup, but this is an entirely different recipe than what Kneaders serves with their french toast. Although they sell Abby and Ellie's Sweet Cinnamon Syrup in their stores that they make in their bakery, the syrup they use with their french toast breakfast has different ingredients and NO cinnamon. Sorry if I burst anyone's bubble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, just wondering is it really a 5 oz can evaporated milk, or 15? Thanks

    ReplyDelete