Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chicken Pasta Salad






It is safe to say that this is my new absolute favorite chicken pasta salad. It is SO wonderful and the whole family agrees. It came from a wonderful cooking blog, The Recipe Shoebox. She had a post with her families most favorite meals of all time and this was one of them. I am so glad I tried it, it will become a regular around here. Next up, I need to make the other meals on her list of favorites. I love that I can make it in the summer and the only heat required is from boiling water for the pasta. It is very easy and fast to make. I used 1 can of Costco chicken which made it that much easier. I am sure it gets better with time, but I sent the leftovers to work with my husband so I didn't get the priviledge of finding out.


Chicken Pasta Salad

1 lb. cooked, shredded chicken (or 1can of Costco chicken)
1 lb. cooked rotini or bowtie noodles

2 heads broccoli, finely chopped

1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/3 onion, chopped
1 can sliced olives
1 cup shredded cheese

1/3 - 1/2 cup ranch dressing (don't skip this--it's what holds it all together)

Dressing:
2 envelopes dry Italian dressing mix
6 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
4-1/2 Tbs. water
1/2 cup olive oil
Combine cooled chicken, chopped vegetables, and olives. Set aside. Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over vegetables and chicken. Mix together. Add ranch dressing and cheese and fold together. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving Serves 8 - 10.