Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mom's Pumpkin Bread

This is the perfect pumpkin bread, it is one of the things I love most about Fall. My mom has made it all my life and what a lucky girl I am! My mom is THE best cook I know and I have been spoiled with her cooking. I have made this on several occasions for friends and everyone absolutely falls in love with it and wants the recipe. It is extra yummy served warm and smothered with cream cheese frosting.

Mom's Pumpkin Bread

3 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups pumpkin puree
3 1/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cloves
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1 cup chopped nuts

Beat sugar, eggs, oil and pumpkin in large bowl together well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, cloves and cinnamon with a whisk. Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add nuts (optional).

Grease two bread loaf pans and divide batter into the two pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

For cream cheese frosting:

mix:
8 ounces cream cheese
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 pound powdered sugar

Add more sugar to thicken and/or milk to thin out. You want it to be pretty thick. Serve with slices of bread.