Wednesday, September 8, 2010

S'mores Milkshake

I saw a toasted marshmallow milkshake in a magazine and I wanted to try it. I lost the recipe so I came up with this instead. It is very rich, I could only eat a little but it was yummy. If you like toasted marshmallows you'll like this. I loved the graham cracker pieces in the ice cream when they got soft.

S'mores Milkshake

8-10 large marshmallows
2 cups light vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup chocolate milk (I made mine from chocolate milk powder and I add extra to make it very chocolate-y)
graham crackers
chocolate sauce
chocolate bar (optional)

Turn oven to broil and place marshmallows on a greased cookie sheet. Put them under the broiler until golden, it takes less than a minute. Turn marshmallows and toast other side.

In a blender, blend chocolate milk and marshmallows then add ice cream and mix together. Pour into a cup and sprinkle with graham cracker pieces, chocolate sauce, some toasted marshmallows and chocolate pieces if desired.

This made enough for my 4 kids, it would probably serve 2 adults.

Enjoy!