Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chocolate dipped butterfinger cookies

These are a "fancy" peanut butter cookie. I liked them better the second day for some reason. They are chewy and soft and were a big hit at my house. I only dipped some of the cookies, they are wonderful without the chocolate as well. Or you could add chocolate chips if you want a slightly simpler version.

Chocolate dipped Butterfinger cookies
by Jane

1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, soft
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 - 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 butterfingers
melting chocolate

Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine flour baking soda and salt with a whisk. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix in Butterfingers. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on a cookie rack. Melt chocolate and dip half of the cookie. Set on wax paper until chocolate hardens.

6 comments:

  1. Peanut butter is my weakness. I am SO impressed that you made this recipe up yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! What a nice way to change up peanut butter cookies by dipping them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, those look so unique and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These I've gotta try! My daughter (a Butterfinger addict) will go wild for them. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These cookies look d'lish! Love how you say that they are big and soft too....i look forward to making these cookies soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY MOSES!!! Kaylyn made these tonight and....well....my diet is ruined!! These are absolutely AMAZING!!! YOU ROCK as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete