Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Strawberry Salad

This is my latest favorite salad. I love to try new salad recipes and of all the recipes I have tried in the past several months, this is definitely the best! I made it for Sunday dinner and everyone loved it. I came across it here and knew I had to try it after the rave reviews there. I can't wait to make this again.

Strawberry Salad

Mixed greens
1/2 purple onion sliced
3/4 pound strawberries sliced
1/2 cup crisp crumbled bacon
1/4 pack of wonton wrappers cut in 1/2 inch strips then fried till crisp
1 cup candied almonds, (mix 4 TBS butter with 4 TBS sugar over medium heat with 1 cup sliced almonds until light brown and toffee in color)
1 red bell pepper, chopped

Dressing:
Mix the following in a blender:
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup oil
3 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup strawberry jam (please don't use freezer jam...too much sugar not enough berries)