Thursday, July 8, 2010

BBQ Chicken Ranch Salad

I am back after a family vacation and having company. With summer upon us, I have a feeling blogging will take a back seat to playing with my four young kids who are out of school. I have many recipes waiting to type up and post, here is the first one for you - a definite favorite in my house.
This salad is fabulous! I have had bbq chicken ranch salads at many restaurants and I always love them so I decided to re-create one at home and boy am I glad I did! This is a new favorite of the whole family. These proportions fed 5 adults and 7 kids with some leftover. Adjust quantities according to how many you are serving.

4 large chicken breasts, grilled
3 hearts of romaine
5 fresh ears of corn, cooked, cooled and removed from cob
2 cans black beans
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 avacados
4 roma tomatoes
tortilla chips
your favorite prepared ranch
cilantro
1 garlic clove
1 lime
your favorite bbq sauce (I used Famous Dave's brand and it was delish!)

For dressing, put 1 cup of ranch in blender with 1/2 bunch cilantro, juice of 1 lime and 1 garlic clove, minced)

Grill chicken breasts, seasoning with barbeque sauce. Cool in fridge and cube.

Wash and chop romaine and toss with dressing. Arrange on platter or in a salad bowl, top with tomatoes, corn, beans, cheese, avacado, chicken and drizzle with bbq sauce. Top with some chips. Enjoy!