Thursday, May 27, 2010

THE Perfect Meatloaf

I think meatloaf has a bad name. If you don't like it then you haven't tried this recipe. This is absolutely to die for! I always go back for seconds on this meal and my kids devour it. It is one of my very favorite meals. My mom made this for us on Sunday and it was a big hit with everyone. I can't imagine a better meatloaf than this. It is the recipe my mom has always made for our family and I am not even tempted to ever try another recipe.

Perfect Meatloaf

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 Tablespoons finely chopped celery
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
4 slices soft white bread, cubed
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce

Mix meats thouroughly. Add onion, celery and seasonings. In a separate bowl, soak bread cubes in milk; add eggs and worcestershire sauce to bread/milk mixture. Mix with hand mixer. Combine meats and egg mixture and form into a loaf. Place in a baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or longer, if necessary.