Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chocolate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

(I am playing catch up, don't miss the other recipes I have posted tonight)
I think these are THE perfect chocolate cookie. I love everything about them. The recipe may seem like a lot of white chocolate, but it isn't at all. I didn't have white chocolate so I bought chips, I usually like the taste of Nestle brand white chips the best, I know they are not "real" white chocolate, but my tastebuds sure do like them, if I am not usuing real white chocolate, that is. (These are more of a chewy, crispy cookie than a soft one)



This recipe comes from The Barefoot Contessa, whom I adore. Every recipe I have tried of hers has been to die for. After trying these cookies I am motivated to try more and more of her recipes.


Chocolate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies



1/2 pound unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 pounds good white chocolate, coarsely chopped


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, then the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix well. Add the cocoa and mix again. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt and add to the chocolate dough. Mix until just combined. Fold in the chopped white chocolate.



PS - they are good with peanut butter chips and reeses pieces. I think some mint chips would be a good variation as well.