Sunday, April 4, 2010

Caramel Ice Cream Crunch

Ooooh, today has been too full of yummy food, here is one more. I think I am going to spend the next few days eating grilled chicken, salads and apples. This dessert is from my mom (like most of my good recipes) and it is to die for! Easily in my top 10 favorite desserts.

Caramel Ice Cream Crunch

1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup melted butter
1 jar caramel topping
1 GALLON vanilla ice cream (2 cartons)

Combine the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar. Add butter and mix well. Add nuts. Spread on jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool and crumble. Place half of crumles in a 9x13 pan. Pour caramel over crumbs and top with ice cream. Cover with remaining crumble.

Serve with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate sauce.

(Since I love the crumb topping so much, I have been known to make the recipe times 1/2)