Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cranberry Spinach Salad


I love spinach salad and have collected many different varieties. This one is one of my new favorites, I kept serving myself more and more. I think it is such a good combination of ingredients and the dressing is just perfect.
1 bunch spinach, washed and dried
6 oz. dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup chopped red onion
Dression
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp minced garlic (this was 4 medium sized cloves for me)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
Put spinach in serving bowl. Add other ingredients.
Dressing, stir oil and vinegar and add all other ingredients. I let each person dress their own salad, but you could toss it in right before serving if you prefer.