Sunday, September 20, 2009

Blueberry Breakfast Cake

There are a few recipes that I only allow myself to make one time every year or two, they are that good. And bad. Oh so bad. This is one of them. I absolutely love it and hate it at the same time. I have lost a few pounds the past few weeks and without a doubt put every last one back on this morning while eating this. This came from a cookbook given to me when we were first married that was written by our Stake Relief Society Presidency. With out further adieu, I present:
Blueberry Breakfast Cake
3/4 c. sugar
1 stick butter
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups frozen/fresh blueberries
Mix all ingredients (I mix dry then add to wet) and put in a 9X9X2 pan.
Prepare crumb topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, cut in
Mix until crumbly and sprinkle over cake before baking. Bate at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
I have made these into muffins in the past with great results too, just watch the baking time.
Glaze:
(as if a cake and crumb topping isn't enough, lets add a glaze)
1/2 cup powder sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp - 2 tsp hot water
Mix all ingredienst and drizzle over cake while hot.
Enjoy!